Engineered to last a lifetime or two !
Randolph isn’t just about creating the finest crafted eyewear. It’s about seeing the bigger picture—and acknowledging that although “Made in the U.S.A” means a lot, made best-in-class means even more.
Since 1973, Randolph has been meticulously hand-making eyewear.
WHAT MAKES THE RANDOLPH LENS LEGENDARY ?
DEVOLVED WITH MILITARY AVIATION IN MIND TO SAFEGUARD A PILOT’S VISION. Whether you’re taking to the skies in an F-18 or touring the jungles of Borneo, SkyTec™ provides you with the ultimate visual experience.
SKYTEC™ MINERAL GLASS
SkyTec™ Mineral Glass lenses are ground and polished for distortion-free optical clarity, then chemically-tempered to help resist breakage and scratches. World-renowned for superior vision, the material is drop ball-tested with a 5/8-inch steel ball from 50 inches to meet FDA and ANSI safety standards.
WHAT MAKES THE RANDOLPH FRAME STAND IN A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN ?
NOT JUST MANUFACTURED. IT’S ENGINEERED.
- 23K GOLD AND OTHER PREMIUM FINISHES – The same precious metal finishes found on the world’s finest timepieces—applied at up to 5 times the industry standard and electroplated for maximum durability and scratch-resistance.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE AND STRENGTH – Our frames provide unequaled solder joint strength and integrity. All finishes are topped with a corrosion-resistant coating for additional frame protection.
- STAY-SNUG SCREWS – Our stainless steel screws are specially-designed with special threading and locking compounds to prevent them from coming out, ensuring an “unbreakable” fit for years of wear
- CUSTOM SOLDER FLUX– Randolph’s proprietary solder flux – the machine that solders the glasses together. This, in combination with 56% silver filler, provides unequaled joint strength and integrity.
- SPECIAL METAL ALLOYS – The world is scoured for the best components, including metal alloys with tight molecular structure which prevents rust and oxidation. It is the only way to satisfy the drive to use the finest materials on the planet.
- QUALITY TESTED – Each frame goes through a stringent quality assurance process to ensure the integrity of our joints and finishes.
- GUARANTEED FOR LIFE – We stand behind each and every pair of frames with a promise to repair or replace any broken solder joint for the lifetime of the frame.
- BAYONET TEMPLE – Our Iconic Bayonet temples were designed to slide easily under pilot headsets, helmets and other headgear. Which means pure comfort and ease. We also calculate the exact angle of the bend on the Skull temple to prevent headaches that may sometimes occur from undue temple pressure.
- MANUFACTURING PROCESS – It all starts with top-grade materials. Then 50 different people cut, mold, stamp, twist, solder, plate and polish—mostly by hand—over six weeks in a process that includes more than 200 steps. All this to produce just one pair of glasses.
What are some of these steps ?
- METAL BENDING – Hand-cut and bent to flawlessly form each component.
2. SOLDERING – The bridge, hinges and other components are soldered by hand.
3. TUMBLING – Porcelain and ceramic granules polish each frame to absolute perfection.